Subscribing to a calendar means you do not have to add a calendar each year and if holidays change, then the calendars will refresh weekly, so that your calendar always has the latest view. While there are public holiday calenders available in Outlook and Google Calendar, calenders from www.officeholidays.com offer extended information by showing regional holidays, highlighting non public holidays and giving a short description on each holiday.
Note - you are adding a region within to your calendar. If you add another region in to your calendar, it will duplicate national events in . Soon we will offer regional only and national only options, so that you can add what you need, but for now, we recommend you use only one region per country to stop clogging up your calendar.
Copy the calendar link
Click the 'highlight text button below then press Ctrl+C (PC) or Cmd+C (OS X) to copy the link.
Select your calendar programme
To subscribe to an iCalendar feed using Apple's iCal program:
- Open the Calendar program (in Applications)
- From the Calendar menu select File - New Calendar Subscription
- Type or paste the calendar URL copied from the list of countries into the Calendar URL field then click Subscribe
- If you want, you can change the calendar name and colour and change the Auto-refresh frequency to Every day from Every week, then click OK.
- The events should now appear in your calendar
To subscribe to an iCalendar feed using Outlook:
- From Tools menu select Account Settings
- Click on the Internet Calendars tab
- Click the New button
- Type or paste one of the calendar URLs above then click OK
- To add the calendar with default settings, click Yes on the next dialog. If you wish to edit the setting, click 'Advanced' and go to step 6.
- In the Advanced dialog box, you can optionally rename the calendar. Ensure the box is checked in the Update Limit section.
To subscribe to an iCalendar feed using Google Calendar:
- In the left column, click on the down arrow to the left in the Other Calendars section.
- From the menu select Add by URL.
- Enter the feed URL in the dialog box then click Add Calendar.
- NB. You cannot set how often the calendar refreshes.
Users sometime report that subscribed calendars don't update in Google Calendar. We monitor the news on this issue and will happily reformat the feeds if we think that will improve the updating. One tip that is worth trying is to remove the calendar and add back with '&nocache' added to the url. (e.g. 'http://www.officeholidays.com/ics/ics_region_iso.php?region_iso=IN&tbl_country=' becomes 'http://www.officeholidays.com/ics/ics_region_iso.php?region_iso=IN&tbl_country=&nocache'
To subscribe to an iCalendar feed using Lotus Notes:
- In the calendar view, on the left side under the views section, click Add a Calendar'
- From the add drop down choose 'iCalendar feed' and select the 'A public calendar' option.
- paste the link to the calendar in the URL field
- Change the Label (name) and colours as required.
- Click 'OK'