Upcoming Holidays in North Korea
Touch a holiday for details
Mon : New Year's Day
- New Years Day is a public holiday in all countries that observe the Gregorian calendar, with the exception of Israel
Fri : Birth Day of Kim Jong Il
- Kim Jong-il was born on 16 February 1941 and was the leader of North Korea, from 1994 until 2011
Fri : Korean New Year
- Known as Seollal, Korean New Year is the first day of the lunar calendar. It is the most important of the traditional Korean holidays
Fri : Tree Planting Day
- This traditional folk festival involves people across North Korea planting trees
Thu : International Women's Day
- The United Nations has declared March 8th to be a day when the world should celebrate, recognise and remember women and the accomplishments they have made to society.
Thu : Chungmyung Day
- Chungmyung Day marks the passing of the worst of winter and is a day for tidying up graves and doing home repairs that winter prohibited
Sun : Birth Date of Kim Il Sung
- Kim Il-sung was born on 15 April 1912 and was the leader of North Korea from its establishment in 1948 until his death in 1994
Wed : Military Foundation Day
- The date of establishment of Kim Il-Sung's guerilla army in 1932, considered the predecessor of the Korean People's Army.
Tue : Labour Day
- Celebrates the economic and social achievements of workers.
Wed : Children's Union Foundation Day
- Public holiday marking the 1946 foundation of the Korean Children's Union.
Fri : Victory Day
- Fighting in the Korean War ended on 27 July 1953, when an armistice was signed
Wed : National Liberation Day
- Marks the liberation of Korea from Japanese imperial rule in 1945 after the end of the Second World War
Sat : Day of Songun
- A holiday established in 2013 to mark Kim Jong-il's inspection visit to the Seoul Ryu Kyong Su Guards 105th Armored Division of the Korean People's Army on August 25, 1960, regarded as the start of the Songun revolutionary leadership by the North Korean g
Sun : National Day
- Founding of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea in 1948.
Mon : Harvest Festival
- The Harvest Moon Festival is one of Koreas most cherished holidays
Wed : Party Foundation Day
- Foundation of the Worker's Party of Korea
Thu : Constitution Day
- The DPRK Socialist Constitution was adopted on 27 December 1972 with Kim Il-sung becoming the President of North Korea.