Upcoming Holidays in Brazil
Touch a holiday for details
Mon : New Year's Day
- New Years Day is a public holiday in all countries that observe the Gregorian calendar, with the exception of Israel
Tue : Carnival
- Second day of Carnival. The streets of Rio de Janeiro erupt with colour and noise as Carnival ushers in the Easter period.
Fri : Good Friday
- Good Friday occurs on the Friday before Easter. The day commemorates the Crucifixion of Jesus.
Sat : Tiradentes Day
- Commemorates the execution of Brazilian national hero Joaquim Jose da Silva Xavier
Tue : Labour Day
- This holiday is most commonly associated as a commemoration of the achievements of the labor movement
Thu : Corpus Christi
- The Feast of Corpus Christi is a Catholic festival celebrated on the second Thursday after Whitsun
Mon : State Rebellion Day
- São Paulo only. Anniversary of the Constitutional Revolution of 1932
- States: São Paulo
Fri : Independence Day
- On 7 September 1822, a declaration of independence from Portugal was made by Pedro di Alcântara, the son of the Portuguese King
Fri : Lady of Aparecida
- Known as 'Nossa Senhora de Aparecida', it honours Brazil's patron saint, the Virgin Mary Aparecida. Mary is honoured with a ten day festival in the city near São Paulo that bears her name
Fri : All Souls' Day
- Dedicated to the remembrance of the departed. All Souls' Day follows All Saints' Day.
Thu : Republic Day
- Marks the proclamation of the republic on 15 November 1889.
Tue : Christmas Day
- The day celebrates the Nativity of Jesus, the date which according to tradition took place on 25th December 1 BC