Upcoming Holidays in Belgium
Touch a holiday for details
Mon : New Year's Day
- New Years Day is a public holiday in all countries that observe the Gregorian calendar, with the exception of Israel
Mon : Easter Monday
- Easter is probably the most important holiday of the Christian year, celebrating the Resurrection of Jesus
Tue : Labour Day
- This holiday is most commonly associated as a commemoration of the achievements of the labor movement
Thu : Ascension Day
- Commemorates the ascension of Jesus into heaven forty two days after his crucifixion
Mon : Pentecost Monday
- Commemorates the coming of the Holy Spirit in the form of flames to the Apostles.
Wed : Celebration of the Golden Spurs
- In 1302 the French king Philip IV of France dispatched an army to punish the rebellious Flemish towns, led by Bruges.
- States: Flemish Community
Sat : Independence Day
- Independence Day celebrates the seperation of Belgium from the Netherlands in 1831
Wed : Assumption Day
- The Feast of the Assumption is the principal feast of the Blessed Virgin, the mother of Jesus Christ
Thu : French Community Holiday
- Regional Holiday. On 24 June 1975, the date of 27 September was selected by the French Community as French Community Day. It was first celebrated later that same year
- States: French Community
Thu : All Saints Day
- Pope Boniface IV dedicated the day as a holiday to honour the Blessed Virgin Mary and all martyrs
Sun : Armistice Day
- Observed on November 11 to recall the end of World War I on that date in 1918 and honor the veterans of both World Wars.
Thu : German Community Day
- The German-speaking Community consists of two territorities in the Belgian province of Wallonia.
- States: German-speaking Community
Tue : Christmas Day
- The day celebrates the Nativity of Jesus, the date which according to tradition took place on 25th December 1 BC